Saturday, March 20, 2010

I should have stayed in Wisconsin

after I graduated from college. One of my roommates had family in Janesville, which is part of Rep. Paul Ryan's district.
I just finished watching him defend his own proposal on healthcare, while rightly pointing out that the Democrats don't seem to want to talk about theirs.

How in the HELL did Rep. Slaughter ever get elected to Congress? I'm sure she's a personable woman (it's impossible to be successful in politics without people skills, unless you're Rahm Emmanuel, but I digress) but I had no problem understanding Ryan. And I am not an expert on congressional-speak, nor do I find talking about "subsidies" and "taxing health insurance benefits" remotely interesting.
This is not quite 2 + 2 = 4, but it's not rocket science either.

I'm going to re-read the Constitution and find which amendment guarantees health care...

No comments:

Post a Comment