Sunday, June 13, 2010

Storms and Sunsets

More rain this weekend. I held off taking a walk today for a long time, mostly because of the heat. The other reason was that yesterday afternoon storms blew up and I didn't want to take the chance to get caught in one. It was about 4:30 when I left. Hot, steamy weather. I got all the way to the western end of the park when I heard a rumble behind me. Ran part of the way home before heat, lack of stretching and hurt lungs forced me to slow to a walk. More rumbling. Got home, peeled off clothes, drank water. Looked outside, saw the sky darkening. More rumbling. This went on for a good 45 minutes before there was a drop of rain. Then it came down in buckets, and cleared out quickly. On the upside, there was a spectacular rainbow to the east as the rain was sweeping away.
The sunset was beautiful this evening - orange and pink against the blue, with wispy white clouds hovering on the horizon.

The storm is passing over
The storm is passing over
The storm is passing over
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment