Thursday, September 16, 2010

Smells and Sounds

Driving back from choir, I was smacked in the face by a scent. Right as I entered my village (after driving under a starry and moon-lit sky) the smell of onion grass came out of nowhere. I don't know if its real name is "onion grass". But that's what it smells like. It's one of my favorite outdoor smells.

Other smells and sounds today:
The smell of turkey on my sandwich at lunch. (It was a turkey sandwich, so that's a good thing!)
The tick of the wall clock in the living room.
Fish and mac n' cheese for dinner.
The hand soap in my bathroom.
A dog in the back of a truck barking.
The smell of paper - I work in an office, so it's constant. Sometimes the printer smells like it's burning, and the paper feels hot. It's a nice hand-warmer in the winter.
Choir singing the last verse of "Abide With Me" in four-part harmony a capella.
The laughter of friends.

Looking back on it, it was a blessed day. God bless all your days!

-BR

No comments:

Post a Comment