Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Tuesday's gray, and Wednesday too..."

Fat Tuesday. Long day today. Worked late, drove home through the rain (of course). I drank a "fat" Coke this afternoon while listening to the Cards' loss to the Red Sox. If you want to win, don't give up a two-run homer in the eighth...

No more Coke after this; well, no pop anyway. Until the end of April. Maybe. I'd be better off if I never drank the stuff again. I gave it up for Lent back in college (around eight years ago) and made it through the whole season. Then I drank one the day after Easter and have never stopped since. Mistake. There's no excuse for not making it this time. Of course I'll keep you posted. :)

Tomorrow will be a long day, too. The choir is singing at Ash Wednesday service tomorrow night. I like the unique nature of the service. Everyone gets caught up in the special feeling of, for instance, Christmas Eve Midnight service, and hardly ever thinks about the fact that there's only one Ash Wednesday service a year.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I can see where this is going with the title thing, and I like it. But I swear if you make Friday's post all gushy I'm gonna vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'll even post on Friday, unless it's really early. By the way, since you're giving up TV for Lent, is one of your new hobbies going to be incessant commenting on the family blogs? You should learn how to knit.

    ReplyDelete