Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random thuRsday

Coffee chip cookies.

Catching up with friends over a cold one.

Laugh out loud funny movies.

PJC is three. TOMORROW!!!

Eat garlic bread with spaghetti. It makes it so much better. Eat a bunch of salad before, and the guilt over the carb content goes down astronomically.

Walking in the sun.

Is it really summer? Doesn't feel like it.

Text messages that feel like hugs.

Oh yeah, I've given up caffinated soda again. There's isn't really an "end date" for it, either.

Has anyone seen Spamalot? I heard the first couple songs on the soundtrack a while ago, and it sounds hilarious.

How do you comfort someone when you can't understand their loss? It's not as if you're trying to be mean, or blow it off, but what if the grief is outside of your experience?

How do you gently let someone know that just because you are polite to them, and occasionally ask how they're doing, it does not mean you want to be intimate friends?

Why does a glass of cold milk taste so good before bed?

If a book is good enough, the reader won't notice anything going on around him. Even if he's sitting at a coffee shop underneath the El. :)

Have you ever looked at yourself - your physical body - and said, "There's things about it I don't like, but thank you, God, for making me this way!"

I used to not like being short.* Or having small hands. I didn't like the shape of my face, either. It's not that my opinion's changed, it's just that I don't feel like my opinion matters.

They WERE doing so well - can someone remind the Redbirds how to win? Still my team, but sheesh...

Feeling relaxed, going to go to bed. 'Night, all.

-BR

1 comment:

  1. A few things.
    Spamalot is awesome. "Excuse me, is that a shrubbery?" :)
    2) You are not short. In fact I believe you are taller than I am, which makes you "average", apparently. :-P
    3) Empathy (re: comforting people). One reason good actors are good actors is that they are able to imagine/tap into the emotions of things they haven't personally felt. You don't have to have personally experienced something to be able to be a good listener.

    ReplyDelete