Monday, January 23, 2012

Music Monday - Belated Cheesehead's Birthday Edition

Saturday was my brother-in-law's birthday. From this point on, I'll refer to him as my brother. For one, 'in-law' sounds clunky, for two, he and my sister met ten years ago this fall (!?) and for three, and most importantly, he is a part of my family. 'Nuff said. :)

It's a very cliched phrase to say about someone that "God's been watching over him throughout his life". It is true, however, despite the repetition. My brother knows this. He knows how seemingly insignificant moments in his life changed everything, even if at the time he didn't see it. (Deciding to go to Cambridge for a year, for one...) Nothing is an accident. He may see at certain times in his life how events and people fit together. For other times, perhaps especially the sad and difficult moments, he will not see how everything fit together. For now, he can enjoy the present and ponder how his life "lead him to this".

Happy Birthday, J! (aka Papa O)

Your sister, BR


No comments:

Post a Comment