Thursday, February 7, 2013

Little Bits of Joy


Sometimes it's the small things that get me through long, bleak, dull days.

-Like the beautiful day yesterday. I love walking to work - no I don't love my job, but I like living close enough to be able to walk. Plus, walking back after lunch means the kids at St. Boniface are at recess outside. Hearing and watching kids play always brings a smile. As does the sight of the middle-grade girls clumped in a circle. They're practicing for when they get older, but they don't know that. :)

-Jamie, my two-and-a-half year old friend at church. I was late a couple of weeks ago getting to Bible Class. (For once I did not go to early service, and was thus late to BC.) I came in the door, sat down next to our seminarian, and was taking off my coat when I saw someone gesturing to me out of the corner of my eye. It was Jamie, beaming ear to ear and waving across the table at me. She is a delight! And yes, I waved back.

-My coworker's daughter called in a state of high excitement. She is almost guaranteed to get into a good law school in the area with significant financial aid. Good for her!

-CJ's smile when he's happy.

-Eating chocolate ice cream for dessert today - because, because...why not?

-Pictures of my cute nephews - the elder, busy at learning chess (CHESS, I tell you!), the younger, with his beloved monster trucks and sweet smile. The elder niece with her mouthful of teeth, and the younger niece, busy conquering the technological world at the age of six months, and coolly surveying the beach in South Carolina. Did I say that A is six months old? Yes, she's already cooler than me. They are all awesome kids, and they are terribly missed. Keep sending pictures, please!

-Hearing my mom's voice. Because she's one of a kind, and, well, she's my mother. What can be said? She is marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment