Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy 100th Birthday, President Ronald Reagan!

The 40th President of the United States, Ronald Wilson Reagan, was born 100 years ago today. Like him or leave him, he left his mark on the twentieth century.

It's fitting that his 100th falls on Super Bowl Sunday, as the Gipper was (and I assume still is) a huge football fan. I'm sure he'll enjoy the game from heaven along with some guy named Lombardi. I'd add someone's name who's associated with the Steelers, but I don't know any and I don't want to cheat and use Wikipedia.

I personally don't really care who wins the game. A dear friend from high school is a major Steelers fan, while my brother-in-law is a bona fide Cheesehead. I guess for my sister's sake, I hope the Packers win this one. :)

Enjoy the game and commercials, everyone! No real football until September after this one. (The NFL preseason doesn't count.) On the upside, baseball season will start in less than two months! Mmmmm, spring.....

-BR

No comments:

Post a Comment