Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ashes to ashes

Thoughts:

1) He is perfect, we are not. We cannot save ourselves, so He did. "I am yours, save me."

2) Advent is for kids, Lent is for adults.

3) It's been awhile since I've heard such a loud meltdown from a kid in church tonight. I started thinking, what if that was my kid, and how embarrassing that would be.

And then I remembered who my father is. "Pray!!"

4) Three cute little boys today: Two and a half year old grandson of a colleague; infant son of church family in the pew behind me; fourteen month old son of church friend after service. He kept reaching for my cookie. I probably didn't help by giving him part of it. :)
They all made me smile, but not as much as when I see my nephew!

5) Nephew (Little Man) likes to play peek-a-boo. He puts his hands over his face, palms out, and grinning waits for the reaction that inevitably comes. "Where's Little Man? Where'd he go?"
He lowers his hands, toofers showing. Then comes the favorite part.

"Dere he is!!!!" The funny thing isn't that he could do it for hours. The funny thing is when it's your turn to do it you have just as much fun as he does.

I love you, Little Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment