Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Night Musings

1) God is more important than football. Which is easy to say in February AFTER the Super Bowl is over, and way BEFORE the college football season starts.

2) A friend of mine was blessed with a niece February 3rd. Yay for new life and February birthdays! And wedding anniversaries too...

3) Why is it so annoying when the local news forecasts snow and there isn't any? Maybe it's because they get it so wrong. It would be one thing to say, "There will be two inches of snow" and not to have any. They have a tendency, however, to say things like "WE'RE GETTING SIX INCHES OF SNOW AND WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!!" and then...nothing.

4) 58 would be a spectacular score on the golf course, but in the bowling alley, it means I stink.
.
5) Ephesians 5 is one firecracker of a chapter. Read the whole thing, and whatever you do ladies, don't stop after verse 22 and dismiss the rest. Because there's so much more beyond submission than what we know (speaking as a member of the female species, I'll leave it to others to decide whether I'm a lady or not)

And finally,
6) "In-law" is a term, when attached to a member of the family, that often inspires a negative response. This isn't the case with me (so far). For example, my sister-in-law I think of as my sister. It makes it easier to just drop the extra part. Also, I've known her since she was about seven years old. She has a blog that is far superior to mine. She also manages to post interesting things in it far more than I do. If her blog was a bowling score, it would be about a 290. Here's the link:
http://everythingelsea.blogspot.com/ Love you, R! (And you too, C.)

My blog is a 58, but like my game, I'm working on improving it. Love to all, including the other "IL", Brother J.

No comments:

Post a Comment