Monday, May 9, 2011

Bells, Chocolate Ice Cream, And Ceiling Fans

I didn't know Maury Povich was still on the air (other than re-runs, that is). How many episodes can he make "You are NOT the father!" into? A lot, apparently.

Is it optimistic to assume the ratings from the show come entirely from doctors' offices?

On Sunday at late service the entire congregation under the age of three was making a racket like I haven't heard for a long time. Happy Mothers' Day, indeed.

What's better than sitting outside on the patio on a lovely spring day in the sun? Sitting there with someone you love. :)

Whoever founded Cold Stone Creamery is evil, and they must be destroyed. Chocolate ice cream, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

The world's largest exporter of cocoa is Cote d'Ivoire, or the Ivory Coast. Cocoa Coast doesn't have the same ring. I learned the tidbit about cocoa exports during one of the frequent trips up and down I-55. NPR is good for some things.

Isn't listening to bells in church like hearing an echo of heaven? The bell choir played a version of "God's Own Child, I Gladly Say It!". They rang the eighth notes.

Our district president preached on Sunday. When he was a vicar, he lived in an apartment on the top floor of my grandmother's house. He said that "She was a special lady. She was taken too soon." True.

It didn't feel like spring this past weekend. It felt like summer. It's supposed to be above 90 tomorrow. The air's not on yet. The fans are going, though. I like the white noise almost as much as the cooler air.

What is the expiration date on t-shirts? After church, I wore an old t-shirt the rest of the day. And only noticed when I went to bed that it has a tiny hole in it.

Who's up for picking a fight with the Navy SEALs? Anybody? No? Bueller?

Here's to the happy shrieks of nephews heard secondhand over the phone.

Have a good week, everybody. Go Cards!

1 comment:

  1. I love your random thoughts. It makes me feel like I am there with you. XO

    ReplyDelete