Thursday, May 12, 2011

Writing and Blogging

I intended to blog about it earlier, but...other things took priority. I started attending monthy meetings of a local writers' group back in February. They were (although not the only) impetus for me to finally start actually writing a story that has been banging around my head for several years. At the meetings, people bring samples of their work. Someone other than the writer reads the sample aloud, then everybody gives their two cents. At the first meeting, what struck me was how constructive and encouraging everyone was. This is not a group that tears everybody down. They find the best in the writing and seek to make it better. They give positive suggestions to make improvements. Seeing this type of feedback in action was a huge confidence booster - not the less because one of the most terrifying experiences a writer can have is to have work read, and the audience rip it completely to shreds.

Anyway, the BookEnds (as the group is known) have another meeting next Wednesday. Which means I have the rest of this week and the beginning of next to finish and edit the next section. Sorry if this means my blog suffers...

As for the weekend proper, a rather large chunk of it will be dedicated to cleaning. And you all know how much I love that.

Oh, and for those of you who may not know, there are five BookEnds who have been/will be published. So we're not all novices.

Happy Thursday!

-BR

No comments:

Post a Comment