Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Night

Not much goin' on in my one-horse town. Actually, I'm putting my village (it is a village and not an actual town) down when I refer to it as "one-horse". There is probably more than one horse here. There are multiple cows; I walked past five of them earlier this week. They were chewing their cud and shooting the breeze - the female bovine version of the old guys hanging out and drinking coffee at the local restaurant. There are multiple restaurants here. The Big Cheese is just down the block (I can see the back of it from my kitchen window) and serves all kinds of Midwestern fare. The gas station/convenience store/rent-a-conference-room/restaurant a few blocks east serves similar foods, although it's less fancy than the Big Cheese. There's also a new pizza/ice cream place that just opened across from the multifaceted place. Of course, there's a bar further west on the main drag. The BC has its own bar, too. There might be another bar in town that I don't know about, but I doubt it. Not bad for a village of around 600 people, eh?

*If anyone can find a restaurant that actually has the name The Big Cheese, let me know. It wouldn't surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment