Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Fever

Thoughts on this spring day (or night, but I digress)

1) Little 'uns and ol' folks are all alike. They get excited about, well, going to the bathroom.

2) I like the smell of freshly mown grass, but not when it's my body odor.

3) For some reason, I associate the smell of gasoline with summer. It probably comes from my childhood and smelling the fumes from the gas can (to fill up the lawn mower) or being at the lake ("YAKE!!") and riding Grandpa's boat.

4) I cannot get Michael Buble's song "Haven't Met You Yet" out of my head. So if I meet the right man, will it leave?

5) How will I know when I meet the right man? I've had people tell me, "Oh, you'll know." I find this somewhat maddening. Really? I have found throughout my life that at times I have a gift of not seeing the obvious. So maybe everyone else will know, and...I'll just keep being oblivious for another six years. Or something.

6) Movies (romantic comedies, to be exact) have distorted modern society's view of romance/coupledom/civil unions/marriage/togetherness/whatever you want to call it today. I think a lot of people want their lives to play out like a movie. But they know (or know) that life is not a movie. In fact, life can often be better than any movie ever made.

7) For those who don't know, I started mowing a friend's yard in my town. So it's not my yard. Back to the mown grass theme (if you're wondering why I skip around like this, have you met me? This is how my brain works.) While I was mowing this evening, I had a thought. Mow this yard like you're mowing God's yard. Almost immediately I thought Duh. This is God's yard! He just entrusted it to His servant Mr. X, who entrusted it to you.
Like I said, I have a talent for missing the obvious.

8) The Boys of Summer are back. And in St. Louis that means...the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" radio commercials are back on. Like "Mr. T-Shirt Launcher Inventor". They make me laugh, and even if I don't laugh out loud, I laugh like Aunt K. "Skkkuh!" They're snort-worthy, to say the least. I love the guys in those ads.

9) Last, but not least, today is a historic day. Abraham Lincoln died 145 years ago, the Titanic sank 98 years ago, and there was another beautiful sunset here. God bless,

BR

No comments:

Post a Comment